A while back I made cupcakes for my niece’s birthday party. She is really into flamingos and pink stuff so naturally I had to make strawberry cupcakes! I supplied the cupcakes and mom added the Hot Pink Flamingo Sprinkles! They were both darling and delicious! Perfect Combo! Enjoy.
Fresh Strawberry Cupcakes
Write a review
- 7 oz (1½ cups) fresh or frozen sweet strawberries (should make 1/3 cup puree)
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 large egg whites, room temperature
- 5 oz (1 cup) fresh frozen strawberries (thawed)
- 3 sticks (1½ cups) unsalted butter, firm and slightly cold
- ½ cup butter flavored shortening
- Pinch of salt
- 7 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350°. Line 24 muffin cups with cupcake liners.
- Place strawberries in a small food processor and process until pureed. You should have about 1/3 cup of puree if you measured the strawberries by volume. Save any extra for the frosting.Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl. In a small bowl, mix together the milk, vanilla and strawberry puree.
- Cream butter on medium-high speed, until pale. Sprinkle in the sugar and beat until fluffy. Reduce the speed to medium and slowly add the egg and egg whites until just blended.With the mixer on low, slowly add half the flour mixture; mix until just blended. Add the milk mixture; mix until just blended. Slowly add remaining flour mixture, scraping down sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary, until just blended. You don’t want to overmix the batter.
- Divide the batter evenly among the prepared muffin tins using a cookie scoop filling the cups ¾ full. Bake until tops spring back when lightly touched or a toothpick comes out clean, 18-20 minutes. Transfer the muffin tins to a wire rack and let the cupcakes cool completely in the tin before frosting. Store in the refrigerator if not eaten immediately.
For Strawberry Frosting
- Puree strawberries in a food processor. Beat together the butter and salt on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed and slowly add confectioners' sugar; beat until well combined. Add vanilla and 3 tablespoons strawberry puree. Mix until well blended.
- This recipe is very sweet as well as slightly tart from the strawberries. It is extremely flavorful and tasty! Color for both the batter and frosting are naturally pink from the strawberries!
Share Dessert Co. http://sharedessertcompany.com/