Eat Me. I’m Irish.
I made these for a St. Patrick’s Day work party and got RAVE reviews! They all asked for the recipe. I didn’t want to tell them it was made from oreos! A definite winner!
Mint Oreo Truffles
People rave about these and they are gone super fast so make a ton They're easy and fast!
Write a review
- 1 pkg. Cool Mint Oreos 15.25 oz
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese at room temperature
- Green vanilla or chocolate melting wafers
- Place the oreos in a food processor and crush until it forms a fine crumb. Stir in just less than 8 oz of softened cream cheese. It doesn't have to be exact. The easiest way to mix this is to just dig in with your washed hands and mix it up or you can use the back of a big spoon to smoosh it together. The mixture will feel soft and slimy.
- Use a small cookie scoop to make 1 inch balls then roll them until smooth. I actually like to make mine more of a disc shape than perfectly round and you do that by rolling it into a smooth ball and then just flattening it a bit. Place them on a piece of parchment paper on a cookie sheet that will fit into your freezer or fridge. Cover them with plastic wrap and place in the freezer or fridge for 15 minutes or longer. This will make dipping them much easier.
- Melt the wafers according to the package (usually the microwave is easiest) making sure no moisture gets into the melted wafers and you don't scorch it or it will seize. Using two forks or a dipping tool, dip the mint balls into the melted wafers, let it drip a bit and then drag the bottom along the edge of the bowl to take off the excess and place on another cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
- If desired, take the left over melt and place it in a ziplock baggie. Snip off a small bit of a corner and use it as a piping bag to drizzle some chocolate melt over the top for an aesthetically pleasing touch.
- Refrigerate (because of the cream cheese), admire and enjoy. Oh and don't forget to Share!!
Share Dessert Co. http://sharedessertcompany.com/